
Fact: Facebook is as addictive as crack.
Question: But is it all bad?
Thanks to the... hem hem... SEVERAL hours I have spent in this black hole of a website, I am delighted to have discovered the following:
People I never forgot from grade 4 remembered me too.
What all kinds of highschool & college friends are up to these days and where they are.
That the "cutest boy in grade 5" from Slate River School in Thunder Bay, Ontario now lives in Vernon.
Highschool friends from the 80's look normal today.
Not one of my guy friends has hung on to their mullet.
And most importantly, that the people I was closest to a couple of decades ago, are still people I can freely chat with today, and cheer them on in their present life, even if they are far away.
So, in short: kids... crack ain't that bad.
3 comments:
Love that photo--you look great!
On your recommendation, I'm trying really hard to make Facebook work for me. No go. Obviously my old h.s. friends are technophobes. Either that or I just don't have an addictive personality. Hey, maybe I'll give gambling a try...
Christine
Hee Heeeee Hee...
I am amazed by facebook. I've found people I always wondered about. It's amazing how we all grew up!
I'm getting together tonight with a GF from HS that I connected with on FB and she just happened to be in town..... go figure crack ain't that bad
Post a Comment