Sunday, May 06, 2007

"Great Sucess!" - Borat


Well, here I am finally back at my computer with what I like to refer to as a "post-event-hangover"!

Yesterday was the store's "National Scrapbook Day Creative Retreat" and we hosted 45 people plus staff at an all-day crop with classes. It was a great day, everyone went home very happy, and I was able to fall in bed after an 18 hour day thinking about how much I love my job! I really do. It was made for me. Thank you, Gina!

When I woke up this am I had a pounding head-ache, a sore body, and my brain was spinning with ideas and thoughts and things I wanted to remember for next time we have a big event :-) Happens every time... thus my "hang-over". As soon as I get everything that is in my head written down I start to relax. Tomorrow will be post-retreat clean-up, number crunching, and getting to all the "normal" stuff I haven't done for the past 2 weeks in the office! And maybe even start planning our next event!

But for this afternoon, I plan to laze around, putter and play with the brand new laptop that Joel treated me to yesterday! And we get to end the day at the home of one of our favorite couples: Christoph & Karleigh.

Oh, and eat cheesecake. There's a lot of cheesecake left over!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's 6:27.
Have you eaten all the cheesecake?

I'm hungry.

The retreat was AWESOME! You have definitely found one of your callings. Fabulous job, my friend! All that hard work paid off!

Andrea Wiebe said...

Yesterday was
perfect....i had
so much fun :)
Thank you!!!!

Info Goddess said...

Fantastic job Dawn, thanks so much for squeezing me in - I'm really glad I went!

Hope your hangover is gone now!!

Kelli said...

Thank you so much for the great day!

Audrey said...

It just gets better every time Dawn! Great job!