Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hour 20

BIG NEWS! I just brushed my teeth AND hair!
So, if anyone wants to come visit me, I am a vision of loveliness.
I'm thinking I might have a shower tomorrow... whoo hoooo!

(By the way, thanks for all the phonecalls & e-mails & facebook messages.... i feel the love!... although not one of you is willing to come give me a spongebath... geeeeessshh!)

I just made my 4th trip out of bed, and although it was still a painful and awkward venture, it is a tiny bit better, which is really super good news to me!

My male nurse and I have been having a good time and he's keeping me laughing. I just asked him if he would get our vacuum cleaner out of our room so I didn't have to look at it... I'd planned to do our room on Wednesday night after my run... we decided that actually, I could still vacuum, I'd just need him to hold me up.

Sometimes you just have to make your own fun.

This sucks so bad, but at least I have good company & support (literally & figuratively)

Plus, he looks so cute in his white stockings and duty shoes.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Just be afraid if he puts on the latex gloves!!

Cheryl said...

I showed up with my special sponge and lotion and Joel wouldn't let me in!

Hmph.

Kelli said...

Ohhh!!!
I hope you are feeling better soon. Do you know what happened?

Barley Girl said...

hi dawn...
waht is going on?? I am shocked and surprised by your news...
please tell me that you have at least gone to the doctor...
i am soooooo sorry!!!!
if I can get over my fear of the telephone I might just give you a call!!
hang in there... oh and I have lots of drugs left over from having sasha so if you need to have some of my stash.. I can hook you up...