Thursday, May 03, 2007

Not at the Table


We had a little post-supper spelling quiz for Brodie who has a test tomorrow. Joel was reading his list to him (I am the usual quizzer)... and after about 5 words we needed to point out that "the way" we do it is to...

1) say the word
2) use the word in a sentence, and that sentence must also include the word "Booger"
3) repeat the word
i.e. WHALE. "The whale could not use his blow-hole because it was clogged with a large booger." Whale.

Fairly straight forward, no?

So Joel makes an attempt at words 6 & 7, which of course drums up quite a bit more interest in the whole spelling thing. Joel's poor mom is still finishing her dinner, not sure how to respond to our educational methods... when Joel announces "OK, we can't do this any more..."

See #8 for explanation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought boogers were always chewy, unless one has a cold...? I'm kidding, of course, although I am thinking of suggesting your "booger" method of study to Lise. It may not appeal as much to a Gr 3 girl, but one never knows!

Christine

Cheryl said...

HAAAAAAAAA!!!

This from the lady that taught me how to use Smarties to teach my kids colours.

You guys should open your own school.

Melanie said...

Well at least in your house it is booger, ours is pee & poop (sometimes fart)
Mel

Tara said...

LOL!

OK, now that you've got the funny business out of the way... your tag reply, madame???

Kelli said...

Too funny!
We pretty much have a no holds barred household when it comes to bodily functions...that new puppy is fitting right in.
At least you are making learning fun!

Heather said...

OMG! I can't stand it! I so miss the joy of teaching a young one.
Gotta love teaching your kids a good sense of humor!

Good on ya'!