Saturday, May 12, 2007

Joel & I think we are funny. (subtitle - INSIDE JOKES AT OUR HOUSE)

1) When Joel makes the bed, he puts our oversized accent pillow on a diagonal in the middle of the other pillows. He did it once in an effort to be "fancy" and it looked ridiculous so I teased him about being so fancy and his eye for design. Now whenever I'm downstairs while he's getting ready for work he does that and when I walk in our room after he's gone I get a good little chuckle.

2) Whenever one of us thanks the other for doing us a "favor",(i.e. picking up milk on the way home, ironing a shirt, packaging left overs for lunch), the favor-provider offers back a "ummmm hmmmm" in an unimpressed tone, as if to say, "I did it and I'm not happy about it and I feel taken advantage of." (But we both know we don't mean it that way.)

3) Once Joel's mom was looking at a flyer from Sears or something and remarked with great intrigue and enthusiasm that this was one she should not miss... "I'd like to go first thing in because they say it's a SUPER SALE". (Of course the marketing people don't throw out those kind of descripters without really meaning it.) Now, whenever we see a store is having a sale, we say, "but is it a SUPER SALE?"

4) The Latest: If you haven't seen Saturday night live lately, you're missing my favorite new sketch "Bronx Beat", a local talkshow hosted by two burned out soccer moms. They have the best banter. Anyway, there is an episode where Peyton Manning is the guest, and they start flirting with him a little and then Jody says "You know how many times my husband has flirted with me? None times. None-point-none times. Unless you count going to the bathroom with the door opened." So now, whenever someone is in the bathroom with the door opened (which only one of us likes to do routinely) I say, "are you flirting with me?"?

I can't find that exact clip on the web yet, but here's another episode with Jake Gellynhall (I'm spelling that wrong)... you'll get the idea... for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CITvRzTw8

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so having a nap today so that I can stay up and watch SNL.
Kerry watched the clip with me and I said "I know you're not a woman, but that's exactly what we're like" and he says "I know, I can hear you!"

Andrea Wiebe said...

That was the funniest ever...
you're going to have to link me
up with more of those!!!

Heather said...

SWEET! It is a real pleasure to have those kind of moments to share just between the two of you. And, now of course with all of us.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I have a thought...

Cara said...

I absolutly love those two on "bronx beat". I'm glad that my warped sense of humour is shared by someone else!!

Cheryl said...

Haaaaaaaa!

you + joel = funny stuff

Anonymous said...

After 12 yrs of marriage I just realized that all this time Greg has been "flirting" with me. Thanks for filling me in on the reason for the open bathroom door! And thanks for the link to Bronx Beat--I love Jake G!

Christine