Monday, October 02, 2006

Road Trip


After years of talking about it and months of planning it, I finally made a trip to Vancouver for a girls shopping weekend! 6 girls, one mini-van, two rooms at the Hilton, 11 hours of non-stop shopping at Metrotown, 2 more hours at Ikea, two tanks of gas and countless shopping bags! Collectivly, I think we bought; 6 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of pants, 2 skirts, 8 copies of the same Old Navy sweater in 3 different colors, 7 hoodies, 4 watches, a few belts/hats/jewellery items, 2 down vests, about 67 assorted t-shirts and kids items, and an assortment of Ikea items including three massive bundles of twigs which had to ride between passengers on the way home.

It was so great to get a whole weekend to spend with some of my favorite friends, including Christine whom I hadn't seen in person for a few years. It made me so thankful for the awesome women I get to call friends -- new friends and long-time ones. Loads of laughs, good talks, taking care of each other (well, them taking care of me and my near-migrane)... a relaxing, carefree, productive, exciting little get-away... a real treat, well deserved by all. I am a lucky girl to get to do this. Now for some unpacking!

My love to the 5 of you!
Thanks for being my "shopping ho's... fo' sho'"!

A few favorite quotes from the weekend:
"It looks like a curling iron" - re Joolz' burn on her forehead... poor Patch!
"I used to put paper-clips on my teeth" -- re Michelle N's memories of wanting braces as a kid
"and he told the neighbors they could help themselves to the blackberries when they became bountiful.... but he tended his blackberry bush a little too vigorously..." Cher on Jay
"Oh yeah, well I just send the kids in to get my liquor" -- Christine's contribution to the "isn't it great that we don't have to spend 20 minutes buckling our kids into their carseats anymore -- and you can just leave them in the car while you run into the liquor store" conversation
"I tried on a pair that barely covered my genitals... I draw the line at genital exposure" -- Christine on ultra-low-rise jeans

... and although a written description won't do it justice... Cheryl's glasses slowly becoming more and more crooked as the night wore on.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

that's the picture you guys got from the weekend... very disappointing.... on the other hand you just were having too much fun and your hands were full of shopping bags so I guess you can be forgiven....

Cheryl said...

I have been trying to remember my password to blogger so I can leave a message and defend my glasses.

If you remember, a certain friend of mine who is in charge of my glasses purchasing encouragement ditched me when we had plans to get new glasses.

And I still am proud of my fix using Diamond Glaze.

And they aren't THAT crooked.

Kind of.