
First of all... I LOVE MY JOB.
This thought occurred to me last week: "I'm happiest when I'm organizing."
We had our Creative Retreat this weekend and I am so happy with how it went! The hotel was set up beautifully, there were just the right number of guest, it was a wonderful group of ladies, every single instructor did an outstanding job of their classes and make & takes (Thank you to Cheryl, Yolanda, Gen, Min, Andrea and Karen & Dianne from TinBox Creations!
The feedback was excellent and we got some great constructive criticism for next time.
This was the second event that I've been involved in coordinating for the store, and much bigger than the fist one. I love that I get to do what I do best and get recognition (and a paycheque) for it! I could not work with a better group of ladies and I'm so happy to have this opportunity to be a right hand to Gina, give leadership to special events, learn a TON about this industry (I have so far to go!), work with incredible women (both staff team and clients) and have the flexibility to still keep some of the other prioreties and commitments in my life too. I couldn't ask for a better situation at this point in my life.
Personal highlights...
- Talking until 3am with Cheryl & Audrey in out hotel room
- Finally eating at the Aggean Grill with Cher
- Sewing my first "Andrea Wiebe" Flower
- learning to sand (not manicure) my paper -- thanks GEN!!
- Meeting women that I would LOVE to spend more time with - Charm, Sharron especially (They've been friends for 39 years and it was amazing to be near them and absorb what they have in each other!)
- Seeing women have a much needed, well earn, fully deserved "GET AWAY" to just create!
- Falling in love clear stamps and Van Dyke brown ink
- Creating these 3 boxes!
Can't wait to do it again! Thank you for the opportunity to work with you, and be a part of giving you an awesome weekend!