You know that smell?
Doesn't it make you want some, just thinking about it?
I've been considering my quiet time with God in the mornings "Fresh Bread"... here's what I savored the morning from by bible.... (Ephesians 4)
Be completely humble and gentle,
be patient,
bearing with one another in love....
because to each one of us grace has been given by Christ
I think of grace as giving room, excusing, bearing with, letting go of the bad, not holding against someone, being patient, not writing off, sticking by a person despite...
I need this from the people around me every day, every hour, and from God too, of course.
I want to be a person who is on guard to give grace to the people around me--it's not my natural reaction too much of the time. I don't think this means be a doormat... it means speak the truth in love, with grace.
And the grace we get from Jesus is more than what I tend to think it is... when God gives it to us, it's about allowing us joy -- his favor. I hope I can learn to bring the grace I give to that level... where joy is a by-product of my relating to people, no matter what the situation.
I'm so thankful to God for the GRACE poured over me.
I'll be trying to keep the words Humble, Gentle, Patient, Love & Grace at the front of my mind today.