
binger n.
Synonyms: binge, fling, jag, orgy, spree
These nouns denote a period of uncontrolled self-indulgence: a gambling binge; had one last fling before beginning a new job; a crying jag; an eating orgy; a shopping spree.
I am a binger. (Not a purger, just a binger -- well, when it comes to food.)
I get totally into something and consume it much too regularly for weeks or months and then switch to something else.
My binges over the years include...
Cinnamon Buns (1997)
BBQ Chicken Pizza with pineapple (1998)
Greek Pasta Salad (2005)
Steamed Milk (2005)
Peanut butter on toast (2004)
Wise Crackers with FF creme cheese (2006)
Natchos (intermittently through the 90's and 2000's)
and most recently (and most intensely) CHAI TEA.
I stared drinking them at Starbucks about 6 months ago, which was racking up quite a bill at $3.95 a pop for a grande-non-fat-no-water-tazo-chai-extra-hot.
Then I discovered that I could buy a 3 pack of the Oregon Chai Concentrate for under $10 at Costco, which would make like dozens of cups! (Of course I justified this purchase as a money saver because I wouldn't be buying Starbucks any longer.... in actual fact, I just 2-3 "at-home-chai" per day to my 2-3 starbucks per week!! I think the most I had was 4 in one day. But I digress...
Yesterday, on our field trip to Costco, I was given the bad news.
Costco no longer carries my sweet and creamy treat.
Is it too much to ask to have ONE little vice? I don't smoke, I have about 6 drinks a year, and I've almost completely cut out the crystal meth.
Now I will be forced to pay about $8 per tetra-pack at Extrafoods. Where is the fun in that? It just layers on further guilt.
I wandered around Costco depressed for another 20 minutes. Cheryl tried to distract me with cute sweaters and running wear. It worked for a brief moment.
So anyway, just a word to all you fellow Oregon Chai Junkies... I'm so sorry for our loss. Your black armbands are in the mail.
3 comments:
Wow that's a realllllyyy long post about CHAI TEA.... LOL
I love your binges thru the years... I see a LO in there somewhere!
I LOVE that stuff too! And so sad to hear Costco will not carry anymore...
I am so sorry.
Post a Comment