I had to proudly post the project I just made at Andrea's class...
This is something I would never attempt on my own as I am a lazy scrabooker and this project uses more "fussy" elements, but I always admire Andrea's stuff (and Andrea herself, of course) so I was SO happy I took this class! I learned some new techniques, made a great gift to give to someone next Christmas, and got that JUMP START I've been needing to get to work again! I'd love to make more of these notebooks!
I just finished washing the Kitchen floor (Cinderella style -- it needed a good "hands & knees & scrub-brushing") which was the last thing on my kitchen deep clean list. I'm working my way through the house kinda one room at a time doing a deep clean/de-clutter/re-organize of the whole joint. This was week three (the kitchen) and it feel soooo good! I've got a nice pile for big brothers when I'm done the whole house (2 more weeks!) Next week is this office, which has become the dumping ground for everything during the basement reno. Now that the shelves are up in the storage room I can start putting things back where they belong again.
If you're ever looking for a good strategy for keeping ontop of the housework, check out this website: http://flylady.com/
I've followed it or elements of it for a few years and I'm a big believer in a lot of her approaches. As with everything along these lines, try it out, take what works for you, throw out the rest!
Tonight we're off to friends' for dinner. They are amazing cooks and I think we're having salmon... yuuummm! Last night we went to Zia's stonehouse in Summerland with Jason & Cheryl... the guys shared the Seafood Platter (Or the "Lover's Platter of Seafood" as I like to call it)... all our food was generous & excellent and we followed that up with a DQ Blizzard (because we were all so hungry)and a viewing of "Talledega Nights"... a deep and contemplative film.
4 comments:
your notebook looks awesome Dawn...your rick rack swirls look amazing! fly lady is the best, i've got my house *zoned* and i drive everyone nuts :)
Your amazing notebook does look awsome Dawn! I so want to take that class... I hope I can do the one at the end of Jan...
I checked out that flylady site... we'll have to see... I don't know what could help me right now...!
Fabulous notebook Dawn. Andrea rocks. I need to get back on the Fly Lady bandwagon. Her whole "get dressed to your shoes" thing always threw me.
(that's what I'll blame this pigsty on - my inability to wear shoes in the house)
Thanks again for dinner, it was fantastic! And a few things came to me in the middle of the night re: Talledega Nights. A few nuances I think we missed the first time watching...
As I was reading I thought "sounds like she's a FlyLady". I should have know.... I checked that site years ago and got some greats things from it. Maybe it's time to refresh cause I'm in the clean and declutter mode right now too!
Post a Comment