Monday, January 01, 2007

Things I've learned (and been reminded of) in 2006

In no particular order...

1) The freedom of admitting I don't know everything & am not always right
2) The joy of a job that is the "right fit"
3) My kids are pretty darn amazing
4) I married an outstanding man and if I had it all to do over again I'd still choose him.
5) When people you love screw up, and I mean REALLY screw up -- like to the point where no one would blame you for walking away, love them "irregardless", to whatever extent you can. There is a difference between approving of someone's behavior and extending love, grace & care.
6) For the most part, I am not interested in learning new skill sets
7) That I have social, relational & emotional limits
8) To reserve judgement
9) To consider another point of view
10) Self Discipline matters in all areas of life
11) The importance of honesty

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS... May 2007 be an ADVENTURE OF LOVE for all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good points - every one of them. You forgot: if you eat every single piece of chocolate in the house over Christmas holidays you will gain 7 lbs or so. ;)