Monday, January 22, 2007

Super Hero Sighting in Westbank

I couldn't help but stare just a little.
You just don't see this kind of thing every day.
She walked through the door of Quality Greens just like any ordinary Jane. Purse over her shoulder, her blonde hair in a clean bob, her make-up perfectly appropriate for her 50-something face. If it wasn't for one thing, one dead give-away, I never would have suspected her true status.

It was the bright blue spandex tights.

Now, don't be confused, these were not spandex yoga style pants. These were tights. I immediately knew where I'd seen them before. It was in the late 80's and there was a chain of women's gyms... help me out if you know, but i think they were called "Lady Fit" or something like that--- "SPA LADY"!! I think that was it. Anyway, the staff there wore the same tights. Sometimes with a suspendered pair of ?panties? over top.

QUESTION: How do I know she was a superhero?

FACT: Only a superhero would have the courage and bravery to wear such tights post 1992.

Needless to say, I stood in awe.

5 comments:

Tara said...

snicker, snicker... you're hilarious! Well, actually, THAT'S hilarious, but you write it so well!!

Info Goddess said...

Love all the little changes you've made to your site...except one!

love,Fran

Andrea Wiebe said...

that may have been my MIL ;) just kidding she's in Calgary!!!

Anonymous said...

BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Oh how you make me laugh Mrs. Dawn.

Audrey said...

Nothing like Dawnisims to brighten ones day!