Friday, January 26, 2007

Andrea Wanna-be



Many of you know Andrea, our friend and fellow(is there a female word for "fellow"?? Fran?? You work in the library, you know this kind of thing... if not we should make one... but we'll save that for another time), scrapbooker.

She is an amazing person, honest, funny, real, sweet, and even though busy homeschooling 3 great kids, she is fiercely committed to putting her heart down on paper, almost every day. I so respect that in her, and am inspired by her.

So, today was the day I decided to experiment with what I think of as "worship on paper". I took a verse that has been stirring in my soul lately from Hebrews and added one from Ephesians that the boys and I were reading together over cereal this morning. I don't think that what I ended up with is that great looking, but the experience of putting those words down on paper, honoring the truth behind them with time and care and creativity, that process was really fun and meaningful for me. I hope I can make a bit of a habit of that.

Thank you Andrea, for sharing your heart through your art journal. I love that heart. And I do believe that when the Great Designer looks on your pages, He feels celebrated and honored and proud of what and how you have expressed yourself. Thanks for inspiring me to express my heart too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Dawn... definitely Andrea inspired! Keep it up! You might even get me going!

Andrea Wiebe said...

Dawn, you so have brought a tear to my eye! Thank you so much for your kind words. It really meant a lot! Your page is AWESOME...you so have to frame it, it is just beautiful :) tfs!

Info Goddess said...

Andrea's a hard act to follow but you did good! And BTW Holly is now calling me Fran. Also I think fellow is fine for females!!

Anonymous said...

Andrea rocks. And so do you and your page. :) Gorgeous!