Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thoughts on Running.

These are the things that go through my mind during the various phases of any given long run:

Night before: Yeah! Run tomorrow!

Second Alarm goes off: I hope it's either pouring or freezing or both--DARN!

5 Seconds after alarm goes of: OK, I'm going... gotta meet the girls (usually.)

Getting out of car at start point: MAN it's cold!

10 minutes into run: The weather is perfect!

15-25 minutes: I'm dying.

26 minutes in: I feel better.

Half way thorough: Seriously, only half way?

Almost done: I can taste the Chai Latte.

Done: I AM INVINSIBLE!

Sitting down to coffee: That was great! I can totally do this half marathon thing.

Getting up from the chair after coffee: Ohhh... that hurts.

At home at the computer: I'm so proud of myself, I must tell the world.

Climbing up stairs later that day: Ohhh... that hurts.

Next day: Guilt free rest day! Whoo hooo!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Run like the wind!!

Anonymous said...

ditto.
karleigh

Christina B said...

I say "AMEN" to the much cherished, and dually warranted next-day-rest-day!