Last week's binge was coffee.
Yup.
Coffee.
That stuff I don't drink.
I made a pot for my girlfriend Cathy, who was in from Calgary. and discovered that I had a container of "International Delight Fat Free Hazelnut Creamer" in the fridge.
I don't recall purchasing this container of sweet and creamy goodness, and thought what luck! when I discovered that there seemed to be no expiry date.
I wonder which part of this nectar called "International Delight Fat Free Hazelnut Creamer" contains the magical ingredient that keeps this stuff from going bad.
I think it's in the "Delight".
Anyhow, I drank pot after pot for 6 days and now that I've polished off the IDFFHC, and have promised myself to never buy it again, I must move on to something new.
I'm making a good effort on the eating front, so I'm back on the Black Bean Salad... here's the recipe incase you are in need of a new, healthy binge item.
That's assuming I'm not the only binger out there.
You know who you are.
No one's here to judge.
SANTA FE SALAD (From the Best of Bridge "That's Trump")
Original Recipe...
Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 2 limes (O use 1/4 cup "reallime" if necessary)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tps cumin
salt and pepper
Salad:
19 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
12 oz can kernel corn, drained
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced.
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil and lime joice. Add cilantro, cumin sald and pepper and mix well. stir in salda ingreients and correct seasoning. serve at room temp.
My Variation...
I add a diced cucumber and somtimes a mango.
I use 1/8 cup oil
I use more diced peppers sometimes.
I've never used Jalapeno and I use less red onion.
enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loooove black beans. I have an awesome recipe for a black bean dip somewhere. Thanks for sharing.
I'd stick with the coffee.
Post a Comment