We met in 1986, I was in grade 11, they were in grade 12. We became fast friends and pretty soon we were inseperable. Cathy and I were talking about how secure we felt in those friendships... we were at school together (that year), we wrote each other letters during classes that we traded in the hallway as we passed on our way to the next class... we ate lunch, we hung out in the evening, we spent our weekends and summers together. We were ALWAYS there, and always there for each other. This weekend we were able be together again, catching up and being an ear and shoulder for one of us who's recently been put through the ringer.
In the last 21 years, you name it, one or more of us has gone through it... traveling, jobs, school, love triangles, break-ups, engagements, broken engagements, weddings, babies, infertility, adoptions, major moves, major adventures, deaths, and now a pending divorce. While we might not have kept "in touch" always, we have been kindred sprits and felt a deep love, concern and care for each other--shared heart-ache and celebration, even though sometimes distantly and silently.
There's just something about the people you knew best (and who knew you best) in those years that roots inself so deeply in your heart, that no matter what, why and when, you just are able to pick up where you left off and "be there" again when the occassion calls.
Jason, Cathy, Sherri & Ken (who we miss desperately when we're together without him)... whatever our friendship looks like today and tomorrow... you are a part of my heart always. I thank God that He has held us together through it all, leading us back to the same place at the same time every once in a while.
Love you guys.
In the last 21 years, you name it, one or more of us has gone through it... traveling, jobs, school, love triangles, break-ups, engagements, broken engagements, weddings, babies, infertility, adoptions, major moves, major adventures, deaths, and now a pending divorce. While we might not have kept "in touch" always, we have been kindred sprits and felt a deep love, concern and care for each other--shared heart-ache and celebration, even though sometimes distantly and silently.
There's just something about the people you knew best (and who knew you best) in those years that roots inself so deeply in your heart, that no matter what, why and when, you just are able to pick up where you left off and "be there" again when the occassion calls.
Jason, Cathy, Sherri & Ken (who we miss desperately when we're together without him)... whatever our friendship looks like today and tomorrow... you are a part of my heart always. I thank God that He has held us together through it all, leading us back to the same place at the same time every once in a while.
Love you guys.
4 comments:
I identify so much with this post.
thanks for the good words.
That says it all, thanks!
Shram
sigh. i'm honored and blessed to know you still...and enjoy you more than ever. you are a sister of my heart. thank you for your amazing words of truth! and i forgive you for putting 'long neck picture' on your blog.
C
This could not have been said better. There is amazing security felt when I am with any of you. I can't explain it completely but I think each of you know what I am talking about. The love that I feel with each one of you is genuine and everlasting, and I am so thankful that Jesus is Lord of each of our lives, therefore we are brothers and sisters, not just friends.
Post a Comment