
Things I did today...
7:45 Sprayed my son's hair with silver hairspray for "Wacky Hair Day"
9:05 Met with Stephanie for my personal training session (luckily, she gave blood yesterday and was slowed down by the experience, so I had a great workout without ever feeling like I might just drop dead there in the field.)
10:15 Worked with Cheryl on our big suprise.... OOHHHH, Don't you just hate us?? Soon, little ones, soon.
12:50 Had my very first Orthodontist appointment! I'm pretty seriously considering getting braces... will decide soon. I'm excited and scared.
1:30 Bumped into my friend Alexis at Quality Greens and we headed over to Starbucks... funny I'd just been thinking about her as I drove to QG's because she, too, had braces as an adult.
4:00 Cleaned the master bathroom, wondering why Joel can never put his toiletries in the drawer or the metal bucket I have provided to hold such tubes & cans & containers.
4:54 Dinner is ready to go, round 3 of laundry has started, the boys are jumping on the neighbor's trampoline, and I am enjoying a cup of tea as I blog, procrastinating some paper work I need to do here at home. 35 minutes till Arrested Development... perfect laundry folding entertainment.
5:28... back from blogging interruption... 8-year old came home crying, frustrated with himself for "losing at everything" and "because his body is bigger than all his friends" so he can't "manuever as easily and swiftly" (seriously, those were his words)as the other kids lately. Had a good cuddle, a good "everyone has a bad week once in a while/you can't win at everything/your body is growing and sometimes it takes a while before your brain can manage it properly/you're the only 8-year old I know who can play electric guitar/it'll be better next week/would a coke make you feel better?" conversation. Never let it be said that a kid can't be cheered up with a coke. Now he's living like a king, eating triskets, sipping on a coke, watching "Fairly Odd Parents". Oh, to bounce back that quickly from my own frustrations with myself! YIKES! 5:34... A.D. & Laundry await!
4 comments:
HAAA!!! That is an AWESOME picture of Brodie. Print it, frame it.
I hope the ortho appt. went well, if you ever have any question Gorgeous "Brace Face" George would be happy to help you out.
Oh brave you with the braces thing; I'm too much of a chicken. (I think it hurts right?)
Tell Brody not to feel so bad, it has been 34 years and my brain still has not caught up with my body. Uncle mark
You won't regret the braces at all. It will be 2 or 3 years of "metal mouth" but it is soooooooooo worth it!! I love my teeth & my smile (finally)!!
Melanie
Post a Comment