So, last week we got the notice that we were invited to our elementary school to watch our grade 5'er and his "little buddies" (in grades 2/3) in a "hip hop performance" as part of their Phys. Ed. program.
I really don't know what to say.
They all gave it their full effort. They were cute. They had fun.
But it was like a scene from a Saturday Night Live skit. You know the old one with Will Ferrell & (I forget her name).. where they are the music teachers and try to be cool singing "hip" music. It was that, only with dancing children.
It's astounding, what passes for hip hop in the suburbs.
(note: I believe Tupac was a rapper, but I can't think of any dead hip hop artists at the moment... they probably share the same musical roots or something, anyway.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you got pictures!
Post a Comment