
You know those good days where you get up a little earlier and start the day right? This is what I read this morning in the quiet of the house and it got me thinking that even though my day will be peppered with disappointments & frustrations, that even though the phone could ring any second and my world could be turned upside down, that it will certainly not be a perfect day, I'm going to choose to proceed focusing on this... This is what I read and wrote in my journal on this gorgeous morning...
"From the fullness of His Grace, we have all received one blessing after another". John 1:16
7:10am... Already I can count blessing after blessing I will receive today...
- A beautiful warm home to wake up in
- a beautiful warm man smiling beside me
- two giggling boys doing who-knows-what in the bathroom
- It's hotdog day at school today so I don't have to make lunch
- a big mug of tea with milk and honey... more in the kitchen
- my kids have their choice of breakfast foods---and can eat until they are full
- I'm sending my husband out the door in a reliable vehicle on his way to a great job.
- I hear birds outside, not gunfire
- from where I sit, I can see the front doors of several neighbors who would do anything for me.
- My kids will ride their (new) bikes a few safe blocks to an amazing school where they will learn & play & succeed, (plus, did I mention it's hotdog day?? :-)
- after they leave I will have the luxury of an hour and a half to have a hot shower, check my e-mail, putter, bake cookies...
- I am going to work late today, because I have a flexible job that lets me help out at the school when I want to (cooking 300 hotdogs..., I guess I do have to make lunch after all :-) but it's a fun way to help out)
- My family will sit down to pizza tonight, a treat from the "O's"
- After the kids are in bed Joel & I will snuggle up and watch "must see TV" together... there will be no yelling, no shoving, no insecurity.
- And I will end the day warm & comfortable, beside my biggest fan, thanking my God for Blessing after Blessing.
I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday, noticing your blessing after blessing!
6 comments:
You had me in tears...we are so blessed. It is unreal all the things we take for granted. God is so good to us.
Love, Mel
ps....did I mention I am baking fresh bread today?? It's paska!!
Wow!
Thanks for putting things in perspective! You are so very wise!
Is that your surprise?
You rock... thanks for making me stop and smell the bread!
Yes how did you get to be so smart anyway?? It's a good weekend to be thinking like that!
Thanks, for reaffirming the GREAT LIFE we ALL have.
We so often forget to be Thankful.
Thanks for reminding me!
You are wise. And an inspiration.
And I'm thankful that you are my friend :)
Post a Comment