
Me either.
BUT, I did want to pass along the name of a wonderful girl I met over a year ago who is passionate about fitness and helping people suceed in getting there! Stephanie led the running course that got me going and now I'm meeting with her once a week in a very small group for intense training... she's awesome. She has that ability to push you to work hard without making you feel like a loser when you've reached your limit. I highly recommend her!
She recently finished her Personal Training program and is just starting out with her business, called, "ACTIVE 8 Fitness"
Here are some snippets from her newsletter...
Introducing Active 8 Fitness
Active 8 Fitness provides customized fitness solutions that fit into your busy lifestyle.
Don’t belong to a gym? No Problem! Active 8 Fitness focuses on providing you with a program that you can do at home, on the road, or wherever you choose!
8 week Learn To Run Clinic
$75/person or $130/couple.
Runs Monday afternoons, 5:30pm, April 16 to June 4, 2007
Meet at the wharf at Gellatly Bay (bottom of Gellatly Rd.).
Pre-registration required: active8fitness@telus.net
Join us for Accelerate Workouts
workouts that challenge your cardio, agility, speed, and provide for a whole lot of laughter!
Wednesdays: 9:05—10:00AM
Thursdays: 10:05—11:00AM
Buy a 8 times punch card and pay only $65!
Meet at the field at Anders Park, on Anders Rd. in Lakeview Heights
Activate your lifestyle with 8 Personal Training Sessions!
Active 8 Fitness is pleased to offer you 8 personal training sessions for only $300! That’s a $100 savings!
Includes:
Benchmarking & Fitness Assessment
Personalized Exercise Program
8 one-on-one sessions
Review of Progress
Tired of your current routine? Try a 3 session package for only $125.
Stephanie has had a lifelong interest in fitness and health. She began competitively swimming at the age of 5 and still continues to enjoy the sport today. After graduating in 1996 from Simon Fraser University with Bachelors of Business Administration and a minor in Kinesiology, Stephanie moved to the Kelowna area. In addition to getting involved in the business community, Stephanie began competing in local running races and took up the sport of triathlon in 2002. Stephanie has been a leader and guest speaker for several learn-to-run clinics over the past 5 years and enjoys assisting others in achieving their goals. In 2003, Stephanie was honoured with the YM-YWCA’s Young Woman of Distinction Award for her achievements in fitness, her career and volunteerism. Keeping busy is what keeps Stephanie going. In 2005, Stephanie was the Westbank & District Chamber of Commerce president. That same year, Stephanie trained for and completed Ironman Canada, and a 100km run to raise funds for Partners in the Horn of Africa. Stephanie also participated in the World Masters Games in 2005 for swimming and took home a silver medal in the 400m Individual Medley. In 2006, Stephanie decided to combine her business knowledge and her passion for health and fitness to start a personal training business.
Questions or comments? E-mail us at active8fitness@telus.net.
3 comments:
I can't wait until Monday when I start my learn to run clinic. I am so excited, Dawn you totally inspire me.
Love Mel
I was so thinking of asking about your trainer you've mentioned before.
I'm scared.
Audrey - let's join together!
Post a Comment