
Adam, who towers over me now at 5'10", is so far (fingers crossed and praying--cuz you can't be too sure) still a delight, even though he has "the puberty." I know it could all come to a crashing hault at any second as the hormones take over and the brain activity seizes up, but for now, I am still crazy in love with him and like having him around. My favorite recent quote was when he walked into my freshly painted blue bedroom, which I was not loving, and said, "Mom, this paint color should be called Grandma's House." Well put. Four days and a change of color later, he looked at it and said, "Wow! You've taken it from 'Grandama's House' to 'Hotel Chic!'. I'm going to buy him a car.
Brodie, with all of his four front-upper teeth, has set his sole purpose in life to join the grade 7 band next year and play the tuba. Because it would be hilarious. Enough said? He's like a snickers, sweet and nutty with a soft center. I could eat him up.
Joel. My Joel. My freshly-forty year old husband, who always knows how to make me laugh, bring perspective, and works his arse off... spent 3 hours peeling and dicing 25lbs of apples yesterday. Never get between a man and his crisp. Knowing he would never be done before our 16 dinner guests arrived nearly put me over the edge, but hey, I can drown my anxiety in crisp for the next 7 weeks or so. It's love, what can I say.
My boys, my world, my heart. So thankful to be in the middle of them.
1 comment:
awe boysss! thank you for sharing about what you know - so glad your boys are such a treat - i admire your family and the fun you have:) glad you're back to blog-land:)
Post a Comment