
Hellllloooo my friends!
It's been a crazy fall... I've had an interesting little temp job (next post), have had a very cool opportunity (post after that) and one of the most exciting things that I have yet to post about is that our family is going to Thailand!!
We leave Dec 17th for 25 days! The first two weeks we'll be in Phuket, working in an orphanage and doing come Christmassy community things with some Canadian missionaries we've hooked up with, (this is one of the areas that was hit hardest by the Tsunami a few years ago.) We will have one week of traveling at the end of the trip and still have to decide on the details of that part of our adventure.
We're SOOOO excited and know it'll be a life-changing experience for all four of us!
So much to do in the next 2 months to get ready for this big adventure!
The kids are pumped, and Joel is really excited about stepping away from this whole North American, consumeristic scene. Being in a third world area is really where his heart is. I love that about him, and how it reminds me to hold "stuff" and comfort loosely.
That said, I will still keep it my goal to NOT come home with a baby and own a hut on a Thai beach somewhere.
5 comments:
Find a hut big enough for the 4 Taubensees too, OK? Oh, and maybe a baby too.
Can you bring a baby home for someone else?
awesome dawn...
sorry to break the bad news...
but you cant adopt from thailand when you have 2 kids of your own already... they have RULES...ask me about them sometime..
so glad to hear you have a plan set in motion... so exciting.. now I am going to live through you..
and thanks for taking care of christina for me...have fun..
I am so incredibly jealous. Keep us posted on your plans.
Wow that sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear of your adventure when you return. THis is so on my bucket list.
Post a Comment