Best things about this week...
1) Wednesday Joel turned 39... "No Finer 39'er"... and the four of us had a very special dinner out at Cactus Club. He'd ordered himself a Garmon?? which is a fancy running watch that measures your distance, heart rate, pace... perspiration output, attitude, swear words... very high tech. On top of that fancy gadget, we bought him a pair of fancy undies... you know the big controversial billboard that read, "Comfort for his balls"... well... $29.99 later Joel's junk is resting nicely in bamboo underpants.
2) Closure... I've had this temporary job, working in the sales center for another development... my goal was to earn enough money to pay for 1 or 2 tickets to Thailand. It's been prety quiet. OK, that's generous. Most days I was done my work by 9:50 and that included watering the plants, emptying the dishwasher and possibly running to Safeway for cream. I knew at any moment my job could come to an end--- I was paying for my parking half a day at a time. Today I found out that they are closing the sales center at the end of the month, so it's just good to know the timeline. This job has been an amazing opportunity to earn almost 3 tickets to thailand, the time to sit on the computer and research and plan, the opportunity to get to know a couple of very cool people that I really hope to keep in touch with, and another taste of the working life that makes me so thankful that I do not have to work full time.
3) A note from Brodie left on the kitchen table while I was in the shower and he was heading out the door... "By Mom I (heart) u" How sweet is that 10-year old?
4) NineStyles... a great accessory shop on Ellis, between Lawrence and Bernard, has amazing jewellery, hats, etc... is having a buy 2 get the 3rd free sale... and she's got decent prices to start with! Check it out....
this is one of the pieces I treated myself to, (apparently for losing my job????)
5) Cheryl and I have gone into the closet. Stay tuned for details. (I know, you all saw it coming.)
1 comment:
So you'll no longer be "working" at your current "job" - guess we better get another lunch in while we can! Hope you're having a great Thanksgiving weekend...
Post a Comment