Sunday, March 09, 2008

Neglect

It's not so much that I forgot I had a blog...

Well helllooo and if you are reading this I thank you for not giving up on me. I promise I'll do better or die trying.

Coles notes on the last month:

Job-- goin' ok... I'm liking what I'm doing, although it's been pretty quiet. Traffic is picking up so that's good. I know this is a temporary situation, just not sure how temporary, so I'm looking at each week as a bonus and we'll just have to wait it out and see! There have been a couple of weeks that have been pretty busy with lots time in at the store, plus my 20-25 hours here, but doable, and know it's short term, you can do anything, right?

Including the Science fair...
which was last Thursday. Thankfully Joel was able to oversee the projects and the kids had fun. I still don't understand how their things worked, but I don't need to clutter my mind with things like understanding electricity.

Wining and Dining...
the last 6 weeks have been full of getting together with friends and it has been so nice to do that. We've had a great time catching up with friends we haven't been able to socialize with for a while and look forward to keeping up this habit. It's really reminded me how many special people we have in our lives and how important it is to be with them. I am blessed with great people to call my friends --- thank you.

And it begins...
Two weeks ago I witnessed my son being hugged by a female classmate. His wasn't a "hug back" so much as a distant, brief, open-handed pat on the shoulder. I guess this is what happens when you're about to turn 12. I am now in full pursuit of an all-boys boarding school in northern saskatchewan.

and with that... I must go flog some condos on some unsuspecting senior citizens.

3 comments:

Info Goddess said...

Hey Dawn glad to see you're alive & well. And surprised to see you're working on Sunday! Looking forward to seeing you next week :)

Kelli said...

Flogging condos on seniors! Sounds fun! If you add an M to that sentence, it's just wrong.

Heather said...

I totally know where you are coming from with the blogging thing. Your real friends would never give up on you!
You may have inspired me to update my own. No...wait...there it's gone. Oh well! Haven't posted in so long it is a bit overwhelming.