I left the house today!! Tres exciting!
Alexis picked me up and drove me the 3 blocks down to the school. (I could have walked... if I'd left yesterday). There was a special event for the grade 5's... a graduation ceremony for their "D.A.R.E." program. (Drug & Alcohol Resistance Education)... there were speeches, there was an explaination of the program, the steps the kids have learned to deal with drug & peer pressure issues, there were essays the kids wrote about what they learned and how they will handle these types of situations... there were long lists of why drugs are so bad..., there were certificates & medals, there was cake, there was a lot of hooplaa and it was excellent.
Irony: The whole time I was sitting there, all I could think about was getting home to take drugs.
Now I'm home, I've had a hit, and I'm read for a nap.
Admitting it is the first step.
Baby steps, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH, you are a bad one! Thinking about drugs at DARE! Someone might have to do an intervention at some point. We'll give you a little while to enjoy your 'candies' and then when you least expect it...
Emily loves her DARE shirt, they got theirs last week and it's become her new pjs so she can wear it all the time.
dawn
you are so funny i almost cant bear it sometimes. thanks for being my friend and sharing your funnies with me!
I feel so lucky to be entertained by you!
hope the drugs are helping...
Oh that's irony with a capital I all right. don't tell the kids!
Holly also loves her DARE shirt, fortunately when she got hers a year or 2 ago it was so huge she can still wear it, and in fact it will probably last the rest of her life.
Hah! It will be a super special moment in the years to come when you share this story with them!
Keep us posted on those 'baby' steps!
Hi Dawn...too funny :D
hope you are feeling better soon!
so good to hear you got out today! Please don't just hop on that wagon you'll have to gradually stop with the back candy!
Post a Comment