Sunday, June 03, 2007

Marry Well.

Just a note to the girls who are out there, still "looking"...

Find a guys who....

Can find the humour in all kinds of things,
Who loves to serve you,
Who loves kids, and is a bit of one himself,
Could care less about being "cool",
Cares a lot about integrity,
Is humble,
Can laugh at himself,
Can make sure you are laughing at yourself,
Can tell you the truth,
Can hear it,
Can adjust your pillows 3098 times without complaining.

In the last 5 days, I have been reminded that for all the mistakes I've made along the way, I've made one very good decision. I have married well. Joel rocks.


How's the back? (Cuz I know you're all dying for a fourth exciting entry about this thrilling topic)...
Well, yesterday was frustrating but today was very good!
I was able to get out of bed with relative ease today, Chery brought me a Chai and we sat outside for an hour this am, which was so nice... even though the porch chair was low and back, I managed to get out of it unassisted! I surveyed the house, (then tried not to think about it), retired to the couch until evening, with a visit to the INVERSION TABLE (strap-in-your-ankles-and-hang-upside-down)... that didnt' last long... then Julie visited me, my parents stopped by, and then mark & Cara came for a visit and a game... I sat in a big girl chair at the table... which was a nice change, but I'm feeling it a bit now. "Irregardless" of the drugs and the inability to reach the whole board, I sill kicked butt. (Oh, and someone thought it was funny to hold the cards JUST out of my reach when it was time for me to steal one from him... tuanting the infirm-- tsk, tsk... now I question saying all those nice things about him...)

So, my plan for tomorrow is to try and get an appointment with a Physio here in Westbank.. see where we go from there. Also on the agenda, a supervised walk to the mailbox kiosk, which is one driveway and across the street away. I'm estimating 20 minutes. Should I pack a lunch?

4 comments:

Heather said...

I would definately take some snacks! And the cell, in case you need a lift back!

And I so agree with the Marry Well! For those of you still looking, hurry, we may just have the last few 'Good Men'!
We are so lucky!!!
Glad you are mending well! Thinking of you,
H

Kelli said...

You need a scooter.
Good luck getting the mail, I hope there is something good in there and not just bills.

Barley Girl said...

dawn
i could probably hook you up with a walker that has wheels and a little fold down seat for when you need to take a rest break. We could paint it a pretty colour and put streamers on it....
you would be the envy of all the grannies on the block...
if your walking is unsuccessful call me... I will come pick you up and drive you to the mailbox.
and on a serious note...if you need supper made or errand run,let me know. I am always around. ...
even if it is a run to starbucks.
love ya
feel better
karleigh

Anonymous said...

We let you win, cause we felt sorry for you. Apparently very sorry for you cause you smoked us.
ALL HAIL THE INVALID QUEEN OF CATAN

-Mark