Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fresh Bread - A Full Life

"My purpose is to give life in all its fullness." John 10:10

Do you ever wake up and instantly have a thought on your mind that you just can't shake? This morning that happened to me, and I was consumed by thinking about the marriages around me, the new ones, the long time ones, the solid ones, the fragile ones... and my own. I was thinking about how when two people are willing, God has something so incredibly special to be celebrated in a deep relationship. I was thinking about how thankful I was for the "deep love" I share with Joel. And then I read this verse, and was reminded that experiencing DEEP LOVE is part of the FULL LIFE that God dreams for each of us

Deep love... love beyond the surface, beyond the fun, beyond the frustrations, beyond the miscommunications & misunderstandings, beyond the shifting feelings... that is one of the things that makes life full. Deep love, whether for a spouse, a child or a friend - what a thing to be celebrated!! and protected and invested in.

Personally, I believe that depth of love is only shared by a few people in your life... it's not experienced with everyone you meet, even that people you really, really like. But if we are willing to open ourselves up to it, we can have it, in our relationships with a short list of people that come into our lives.

Jesus said he has come that our lives may be full, and it's no coincidence that he was all about relationship. Deep love, modeled by Jesus' life & death, is offered to each of us, so we can experience all the fullness He dreams for us.

A full life has nothing to do with what's parked in your driveway, how many vacation photos you have, how new your furniture is, or whether or not your kids are on the honor roll. It's about knowing your are engaged in a deep love.

My heart if full, thanks to the DEEP LOVE of Jesus and a handful of people who I share this kind of love with.

Have a great day, and don't let the deep loves in your life go through the day without being celebrated, protected & invested in!

4 comments:

Andrea Wiebe said...

Dawn you weren't suppose to make me cry this morning (tear of happiness and thanksgiving...not really sad ones)!!!! That was so amazing :) Thank you I really needed that today!

Heather said...

I could not in a million years have ever expressed my relationship with Kurt in that way.

Thank you for putting it into words.
That is so lovely. I am with Andrea, I so needed that today!

Thank you, thank you!

Kelli said...

You are such a wise woman!

Melanie said...

Lately I have been in my own world and not realizing the wonderful deep love Jay & I have. Thanks for reminding me what is important and not to take it for granted!