It's a GREAT DAY people!
1) Kicked the habit, gave up the smack, totally off the dope... My name is Dawn and I am a FORMER pill popper.
2) Drove myself somewhere! Two days ago as we were discussing my upcoming Physio appointment, I suggested to Joel that I could maybe drive myself. His response was an... "ooohhhh, uh, I don't know about that. I'm not sure you could handle any sudden movements... I think you've lost your 'sudden'." But, today I thought I was probably up to it, & decided I'd do a small test to the corner store to buy some milk so I could continue on my Chai Latte binge... Of course, that meant that within 2 blocks of home I had to drive through a school zone right at kindergarten drop off time, but hey, I love to live on the edge. (No kindergarteners were harmed in the making of this blog.)
So, with that small sucess under my belt, I did, indeed, drive myself to....
3) My Physio Appt!
Having never been, I really didn't know what to expect. What I got was a good working over and a nice assessment. He figures that I have... really weak hip flexers, (a muscle group) and so my back muscles overcompensate for what those muscles SHOULD be doing and eventually they had enough and the overworking caused them to spasm. So now I am left with a couple of little joints that aren't really moving at the moment, which is what I have left to work on. After he beat me up a little (in the nicest way) he gave me some excersizes to do and some stretches. He also warned me that since I've never had a treatment before, he doesn't know how I'll react and might FEEL beaten up later. BUT, he also said that I should be running again in about a month... and that it is a common situation with runners, wih solutions. YEAH!!!!! I think I feel better just knowing that! I'm so happy. I see him again in a week.
4) Generally feeling 10 x's better than yesterday... getting a few little things done here and there, taking breaks, trying not to push it... as he said, "I still need to protect my back" while it finishes healing, so with that in mind, no heavy lifting, and when I feel it getting tender, listen to it & take a break from what I'm doing.
So, there you have it! Mystery solved!
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR CARE & SUPPORT & WELL WISHES!
I hope this is the last blog entry dedicated to this gimped up chapter of my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a very happy day!!!
Glad to hear you are getting better :)
I'm glad you're feeling better...
It's so good to hear you kicked your habit. Or is it habbit? Neither looks right.
Anyway, glad you are up and moving around.
phewf! i am glad it will be the last entry too... boy oh boy am I sick of hearing all about your supposed "SORE" back...
just kidding...I am glad to hear you are feeling abit better and I look forward to hitting the pavement with you soon.
love ya
oh good good...so pleased you are a recovering drug addict. So are you coming over tomorrow? We can pop aspirin in the burgers? Where is the physio you go to?
Post a Comment