
Lessons I've learned (again) in the last week:
1) Paint looks very VERY different in different lights.
2) Carpet samples look very VERY different in different lights.
3) Paint and Carpet that match at the store don't match in the home
4) Paint and Carpet that don't match in the store can look BEAUTIOUS in the home.
I have been on the hunt for paint to match the carpet we have already ordered for our almost completed basement!! It was been BRUTAL! This was supposed to be the fun part. Finally after 5 tries, we've found a winner.... Benjamin Moore's "Hiking Trail"
It's rich and chocolatey. Some people will hate it. We love it!
1) Paint looks very VERY different in different lights.
2) Carpet samples look very VERY different in different lights.
3) Paint and Carpet that match at the store don't match in the home
4) Paint and Carpet that don't match in the store can look BEAUTIOUS in the home.
I have been on the hunt for paint to match the carpet we have already ordered for our almost completed basement!! It was been BRUTAL! This was supposed to be the fun part. Finally after 5 tries, we've found a winner.... Benjamin Moore's "Hiking Trail"
It's rich and chocolatey. Some people will hate it. We love it!
(If anyone is going to paint and is considering one of these colors, you are welcome to have the paint pots that I bought.... it's totally worth it to see how it looks on your walls!!
HC - 82 Bennington Gray
CC - 470 Rocky Road
CC-250 Seaspray
CC-514 Hiking Trail
HC - 45 Shaker Beige)
We have also finally ordered the bar cabinetry, got ahold of the matching stain for the wood beam that runs through the main room, decided to go with white doors and trim (since the walls are so dark it will be a nice contrast)... have bought light fixtures, have the ceilings painted (thanks to my dad who is my super-painting-hero.... again, his need for a job well done overrides his hate for painting so he's trying to get as much done as he can before Joel and I really screw it up. Love that about him!)
In two weeks it will be pretty much a done deal!! Painting finished, tile down, carpet, drop ceiling & trim! The sad thing is that the bathroom vanity will take several weeks so proabbly won't be here for Christmas which means that if Joel's mom comes we probably won't be able to put her in the guest room b/c she'd have to go up the stairs to use the washroom.... since it will have everything but a sink! I suppose we could leave the cover off the toilet tank and she could just wash her hands in there.... or have a full shower after using the bathroom.
Oh... I can't wait until it's done.... we're going to have to send my dad on a big vacation so he can get a break from our house...he's more than earned it!
We also bought a hot-tub (2nd hand from our friend who owns the WetZone)... that will need to get delivered and set up in the next week or so aswell so we can relax in there after this HUGE and consuming project is finished! I still have to go furniture shopping... now there's something to look forward to! If Joel can get his 50" TV in there, you'd better believe I'm getting some great furniture to go with it!!
Friday night and I'm home alone... Joel is playing guitar at the dinner SunRidge hosts every year for the patrons of the Westbank Foodbank, Adam is at a youth thing with the neighborhood kids and Brodie ended up at a sleepover, (he and I were supposed to have a special date tonight---even my 8 year old has stood me up. :-) I ran into one of my favorite friends, Lenore at Save-On so I got to go for a date with SOMEONE after all :-) So great to see her... I love my friends who are in the "next season" of life.... I've got a couple of amazing ones in my life.
Well, this house isnt' cleaning itself and we've got the Reinelts coming for a belated birthday dinner for my Brother tomorrow night so I'd better get this place in order since I'm going to be at work for our Customer Appreciation Day all day tomorrow! Can't wait!
Have a great friday night everyone!
2 comments:
Did I tell you that Mark was going to give me all the pictures of him from the staff photo album to use in Gen's album last weekend at work? I gracefully declined... but maybe that's a hint for a Christmas present for him - I'll leave it up to you!
YUMMY colours. Sorry they didn't all work out for you. And thank goodness for your dad ;)
I can't wait to see the finished product!
Post a Comment