Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fresh Bread - HOPE

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."
Hebrews 6:19

Christmas is a happy time for most of us. But I know that for many it is a difficult season because the things that should be "right" in families & friends and circumstances are not always healthy and something to celebrate. Right now I have some friends in the biggest mess of their lives, and this Christmas will be complicated and painful. This verse is all I can think about for them. I think it's words are worth savoring in the good and the difficult seasons of life.

We often see words like JOY, PEACE, LOVE at Christmas time. I think HOPE should be added to that list too. When everything else around you is unsure, when the rug has been pulled out from under you, when your world is turned upside down, you need an anchor. Your soul needs something to place it's confidence in. When we fail ourselves or have been failed by the people around us, we need something steadfast, something we can count on.

An Anchor for the Soul.

My wish for all of us this Christmas, is that we would see the "Christmas Story" as just one part of an eternal story, one that had no beginning and is not over. God's love has always been in existance, He's been involved and powerful in His creation since the beginning of it, this GIFT of Jesus, from His humble beginning on earth to His humiliating final moment, was the most amazing demonstration of His love for us. And the story is not over... our Creator is still working and loving and dreaming for us. He is holding out HOPE in His love & power, at Christmas and always. Today I'm reminded to grab onto that hope & to let it be the anchor for my soul.

Wishing you an incredibly meaningful Christmas!
love,
Dawn

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wishing the very same for you and your family Dawn.

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful way with words, my friend. Merry merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family :)