Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inappropriate Laughter and my growing need for "Depends"

Newport Oregon, July 2008

So, you know when you're just busting up laughing in a place that really shouldn't be filled with hilarity? But you can't help yourself, and you just keep thinking of funnier and funnier things to say, so you try to spit them out, all the while doing a terrible job of keeping your laughing quite... and the tears are rolling---oh the tears.

Whilst wandering the quaint streets of Newport, OR, we kept seeing this poster...


"Not your Daughter's Jeans" greatly intrigued Patti (my sister-in-law) and I.
There was only one thing to do.
Try them on.

So, into the "old lady clothing store" we went... armed with Nathan and a camera.

Patti's pair were "dressy"... with extra stitchery. Very Fancy. Sure, she would need to get them hemmed, but with a nice pair of Naturalizers and a smart top, she'd look sharp. Sadly, the pictures don't do them justice.


Mine were more casual, every day slacks. They were so casual infact, that they had no back pockets and no belt loops. My ass was 32 inches long.

We were laughing sooooooo hard, and the ladies who worked there kept walking through the changing area where Nathan was discreetly trying to snap a few photos of us... they're not great but you get the idea.

My final line before I could no longer speak was after about 3 minutes of stifled laughter... "Patti, I think I have to buy these. I've just peed in them a little too much."

7 comments:

Barley Girl said...

wow...i have no words...

Kelli said...

Those are hideous pants!

Anonymous said...

I almost needed Depends just reading that! Quite possibly the funniest 20 minutes of my summer! :) At least I know what to get you for Christmas...

Anonymous said...

That is definitely one looooooong ass! And you are funny, girlfriend!

Christine

Melanie said...

Long bum jeans and you peed in them.....the funniest thing I have heard all day!! Love it!!

Andrea Wiebe said...

Dawn...this is the best laugh I think I've ever had at 6:45 am.

Anonymous said...

OK... I know I'm a little behind here (pardon the pun!) but I just discovered your blog-a-sore-ass (another pardon) and I am rolling on the floor seeing you in those 'slacks' from hell!! You are one brave lady to try these on, let alone measure yourself...you inspire me so.