Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Friday

I'm stealing an idea from Christina, who has a "love list" and creating my own "Happy List"... i'm going to try to do this on Fridays so I can look back on the things that made me happy during the week... maybe some of them will make you happy too...

1) Coffee with one of my oldest friends tonight, in town for a few days.



2) Karleigh's Avacado & Papaya Salsa.... (hope you don't mind me reposting this here) I've been enjoying it very much on Wasa Crackers this week!

Papaya Salsa
(adapted from the Best of Bridge, Best of the Best cookbook)
1 ripe papaya chopped into pieces.
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 TBSP finely chopped jalapeno pepper( I usually just use the ones in a jar that are inmy fridge...maybe 5 rings?)
1 TBSP chopped cilantro ( optional... lots of people dont like it. I usually dont put it in when company is coming.. you never know..)
Juice of 1 Lime
1Tsp honey.. I always use 2 tsps...
salt and peper to taste...
I add these extras....
1 avocado...chopped
1 tomato ...chopped
Mix all ingreadient together and let marinate for at least an hour in the fridge.

3) An AMAZING breakfast on Sunday morning at the Blind Angler in Peachland. We had a great family morning, sitting on the patio, watching the lake, chatting about our upcoming trip to Oregon, Silverwood and P & N's cabin. I had the Angler Benedict-- eggs benny with crab and shrimp, and dill bernaise.... TO DIE FOR!

4) That the houseboat is coming together.... I should have it pretty much all ready to go tomorrow! It's been fun to plan the houseboat program at Greenbay this summer, from decorating it to setting the menu, to planning the promo for it. We should be taking it out next week for an evening cruise just to make sure everything is working properly and the staff know the routine. I hope we'll be "Glitch free!"... but what ever is??

5) That I've been able to pretty much be sugar and wheat free for the past 4 days... a little experiment this week, eating a ton of fruit and veggies, no red meat, hardly any other meat, a bit of salmon, next to no flour or sugar. Feeling good, not really missing it too much. Very Surprising!

6) Speaking of Salmon... I've been enjoying the Salmon Burgers from Costco -- Trident Brand, I think. Tasty and easy to BBQ!

7) I have overcome my fear of lighting the BBQ... what a big girl.

Hope you can think of happy things,(even if silly and simple) from this week too :-)

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Me too!
I've lit the BBQ 2 times this week, that's 2 times more than I have all this year and last year combined. It's a must if I want to eat at a decent hour.

Barley Girl said...

so great... I love the list... especially proud of your great eating!!!YAHOO!!
I am going to try those wasa crackers....

Christina B said...

Yay - someone copied me for a change!! I always feel like I'm the one who does the copying!! How nice to adapt the "love list" to your blog:) And what a great list!! As for your eating - wow - you amaze me! Could never do it, but admire those who can!!