
Now that I'm done with the busy schedule I've had for the last few months (my job at Kaleido is over and the Memories & More retreat is over) so I'm back to working just a few hours a week now, this is probably the perfect time to get a few things done around here before the kids are off for the summer. I'd love to do some painting and a few things around the house--I took last week "off" and just enjoyed a lot of coffees and visiting with friends, which was delightful.
My running partners and I are gearing up for the East Kelowna Women's Race, June 8th... there are a bunch of us doing either a 5 or 10K and looking forward to a strong race. After that, I've got a few great women around me and we've committed to each other to run the OKANAGAN HALF MARATHON in October! We're doing it!! We've started to discuss our training plan, we've vowed our faithfulness to each other... and we all agree on one important note: we get to buy really cute running outfits before the race.
If anyone out there is thinking about starting running, just know you're invited to join our group on Saturdays at Bliss Bakery in Peachland. Right now we start running at 7:30, but we'll probably start earlier soon. There are people at all levels of speed, endurance and experience. It's an awesome atmosphere to get started... let me know if you want any more info!
4 comments:
You are so ambitious! Good for you! And your SOLE sisters!
Wow, summer break is coming soon!
Start running? Ha Ha Ha! You are a funny lady.
I bet Tracy would run that race with you -- and what a great excuse for a little trip! Now if I would only update my our blog - grrr (which rhymes with "brrr" -- is it cold in Canada in October?)
Hey Dawn
(in respnse to your comment on my blog)
Well, if Karleigh said it then I guess I'm doing it!?!?! Ahhhhh! I really don;t know what I've gotten myself into!!! But you'd better be sure to update me on your apparrel purchases! I've gotta have some sort of flow with y'all!! Keep in touch:)
Post a Comment