Thursday, January 31, 2008

WEIRDNESS OF LATE


Job related:
So, I was supposed to start a new job on Sunday as a sales assistant for Kaleido, which are lovely condos going up on the Westside. I was going to be filling in for 3 weeks for the sales people who were going away on holidays. Friday night (two days before I was to start) I got an e-mail from the gal who'd hired me saying that she'd quit -- acutally 4 of the 5 people who are working at the 3 sites quit-- so she felt terrible, but I was not longer needed to replace people who no longer worked there, (they were hiring me, not the company.) So I was kinda bummed about that... it was a 3-week opportunity to try project sales and a nice way to get one extra paycheck!

So, I decided to re-apply for the job, knowing that there was one person scrambling to do the job of 5 people, and since I'd been trained already and was available, I thought I might be appealing. I was.
I'm meeting the remaining salesperson on Sat and will probably start on Monday. Yes, I'm going in with my eyes open---there is usually a reason 4 out of 5 will quit a job on the same day.

Baby related:
Our great friends Chris & Julie have been expecting their 4th baby any day. Two days ago I decided it was a girl and they would name her Kenya.

Why Kenya?
So far we have Shalaya, Dezmond & Terrell... Kenya just seemed like a fit to me.

Well who do you think was born last night? None other than Kenya Loeppky, a beautiful baby girl. Freaky, huh? I had no prior knowledge. And actually, I guessed Terrell on the second try... when he was born, Joel went over to spend the night with the kids (it was a middle of the night hospital trip), and when he got home at 4am he said, "It's a boy!" and I said, "Is his name Tyrone?" Joel said, no, but it started with a T... "Is it Terrell?" And yes, it was.

So there are my two tales of weirdness this week.
Everything else around here is just the usual variety of weird.

3 comments:

Barley Girl said...

very wierdo....

Heather said...

Only you, Dawn!!!!!!
Good luck with Job. I sure hope it turns out like you hope.

Info Goddess said...

The amazing Dawn and her psychic powers.... so now you need to go clothes shopping, am I right?