Homemade Christmas Cards. Gesture from the heart or money pit?
It wasn't that I spent a fortune these some simple, handmade Christmas cards. I made about 2 dozen of them and was impressed with myself for actually getting them TO the post office before Christmas. For some reason I never get around to that part of the holiday festivities.
The problem arose when the little lady at the post office thought my envelopes looked a bit thick, and tried to fit them through the slot, and failed. So, now that my envelopes were "oversized", I had the pleasure of paying almost $4 each for my internationals (thankfully, there were only 3), and over $2 for each Canadian and US recipient. Lesson learned--don't use thick brads and have 9 layers of paper in your envelopes.
Also, I do suspect scrapbook/paper craft stores and Canada post are in Kahoots.
So now I'm looking at the dozen more half finished cards on my table... I think maybe there might be some local people getting christmas cards after all this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know where you are coming from. The one card that had ribbon on it got put through the slot and made it, but I was thinking of taking a hammer with me the next time and if any don't pass, I'll bring out the hammer, for the cards not the postal worker.
I'm so glad I read your blog before receiving my card in the mail today...it made opening it soooo much more enjoyable! It really is a beautiful card; you outdid yourself!
Christine
Avoid buttons at all costs as well!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family Dawn!!!
Much love,
Andrea
Post a Comment