Can you believe summer is coming to an end?
We've had a really great summer this year, it was nice to only be working a tiny bit, we got a fair bit of stuff done in the yard, we had a wonderful break at the cabin, got to see several friends for the first time in years... it was a great couple of months.
And now, as I do every year at this time, I am ready to welcome September and the good things about it. I am always reminded at this point in the summer how I am such an "all or nothing" person, and how unproductive I am when I lose momentum. So, I'm kinda looking forward to getting some things done because I'll be back in routine again! That's the plan, anyway!!
But one of the things I'm really happy about this summer is that I've been able to come back really well from my back injury in June and I'm running about 7K at this point. I have to say, I'm pretty darn proud of myself for keeping my running up over the summer, although it was a pretty easy routine with the slow re-building, but I was pretty faithfully running 3 times a week for July & August. I certainly didn't do that last summer!
So, I have 3 running goals this fall... and I'm inviting you to be a part of it!
1) RUN FOR THE CURE, SEPT 30! I'm running with my Sole Sisters team for the 5K.
2) With RUN FOR THE CURE, I'd like to raise $150... if you'd like to be a part of this event by sponsoring me, that would be awesome! Just click on the link on the right side of this page, that should bring to you my profile on the Run for the Cure site. Thank for joining me in this important cause!
3) OKANAGAN MARATHON - 10K... That's October 7th and will be the true test of my running recovery!!
For anyone who's interested in starting running or getting back into it, our Sole Sisters group is meeting on Saturday am's at 7, Bliss bakery in Peachland. Everyone is welcome and we're having a bit of a "kick-off" day on Saturday, Sept 8th--if you've been toying with the idea... this is a great group to find encouragement and inspiration!
ENJOY YOUR LAST WEEK OF AUGUST!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bwwahhaaahhaa...run...thanks for the invite but unless a truck full of donuts is driving just beyond my reach, I can't see it happening any time soon, besides, I did 10k's once when I was younger and don't have found memories of it.
And I got told the other day that it's not fall yet.
Post a Comment