Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Do it NOW!


So, I was in my laundry room, noticing the boys' backpacks hanging on their hooks, with their lunch bags kind of peeking out. I thought to myself, "I should take those lunch bangs out of there and wipe them out and put them away for the summer" and then I thought, "oh, forget it, I'll do it on the evening of September 3rd". But then I decided to do the responsible thing and take care of it then and there. Brodie's felt oddly heavy for an empty lunchkit... and so did Adams... and then gthere was the smell.

It was at that point I realized I was living every mother's nightmare... my 11 year-old was obviously making his own banana liquor on the side, starting with fermented bananas which he was planning to keep in his backpack until the process was complete.

In short,if your kid has a lunch bag still in his backpack from school, check it now, just incase they forgot to eat their snack on the last day of school.

Brodie, never wanting to miss out on a good business venture, was apparently going to make his own wine.

5 comments:

Heather said...

GOOD catch, Mom!!!!

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Kelli said...

Hee Hee Hee...did the same thing only it was a few days after the last school day. And it was grapes. Mmmmm...moldy grapes in a ziplock bag...thank goodness for ziplock!

Info Goddess said...

Gee Dawn I'd say that banana still looks pretty darn good for an end of June leftover... banana bread anyone???

Cheryl said...

Yummy!

Lucas has a couple of good recipes if the boys need them. Let me know.

Cheryl said...

Oh and it's better than a forgetten dirty diaper in a seldom used diaper bag.

Don't ask me how I know that.