That's my new favorite saying. Who knows if I will ever find an occasion to speak it.
On a completely unrelated note...
I LOVE MY CROCK POT
Now that I am a modern woman trying to have it all, cooking dinner requires a bit more planning and short-cuts. Enter, the crock pot. (I even treated myself to a brand new, larger, stainless steel one.)
A few super simple recipies...
CHICKEN ROSA...
Skinless chicken (bone in or boneless thighs, breast pieces, whatever)
R is for Russian Salad dressing (about 1 small bottle)
O S is for Onion Soup Mix (About 1/2 an envelope)
A is for Apricot Jam (about 1/3 cup)
(all measurements are general and too taste.. you can't screw this up)
Dump it all in the crockpot for a bunch of hours, you can add chopped cilantro at the end if you like it, a bit of grated orange peel is good too... serve with rice & corn... it's like a sweet & sour sauce.
Honey Garlic Pork
Take one frozen (or not) pork tenderloin
Pour one jar of No Name Honey Garlic sauce (from Extra foods, often $1.78)
cook all day on low.
Voila
Salsa Chicken (Kelli had a post that reminded me of this)
Skinless chicken (bone in or boneless thighs, breast pieces, whatever)
Put chicken in Crock pot
Pour enough salsa over to cover
cook all day
about 1 hour before you want to eat, throw in a bunch of cubed cream cheese.. .mix it occasionally and you end up with this creamy salsa sauce.
There you go... I'd love any other simple ideas your family enjoys!!
happy dinner tonight! I think it's Tuna Melts over here... feel free to pop over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm hungry! (and I just ate dinner - what does that say about our cooking skills?)
Question: will there be a pants off-dance off at the Kerns on the 10th? Or will it just be more fun than a pants off-dance off?
signed,
Curious in Kelowna
I really need to get my crock pot out again and start using it!
Thanks for the ideas!
Will there be an age limit for the dance-off?
Post a Comment