FACT: I love having company over.
I love that because I've friends over 3 times this week, my house has stayed clean all week. But you know what, that's just a bonus.
I hope that people feel relaxed when they come to my house... that they feel like & know how special they are to me because I'm ready and happy to have them. I want them to come in and put their feet up and enjoy themselves.
I'm not aiming for "impressive" in what I serve (usually do one of two stand-by's... greek chicken which takes literally 60 seconds to prepare the marinade the day before and then you just bake it as is, or else Taco salad -- super simple and tasty...)
I just want people to sit back and relax in a comfortable spot, flickering candle light, with some simple but good food and feel cozy and cared for. That's what hospitality is to me...
so suck it, Martha!
p.s. If I ever invite you over, please inform me if you have an aversion to greek chicken or taco salad :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
BWAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! HA!!
Actually, I was thinking about my above BWA HAing, and I hope you realize that it is at your witty Martha comments, NOT at your hospitality or how you make people feel welcome... Just making sure... ;)
Fact: I love both!
FACT. I love both of those meals.
FACT. Martha can suck it.
Brainteaser. I have two coins totaling fifteen cents; one of them is not a nickel. What are they?
Post a Comment